Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Lesson(s) to learn!


I went out for lunch today away from work. I was walking towards a place where I had to meet him and I was in my own thoughts, lost in my own world thinking of probably some issues or problems.

In front of me was a small pharmacy from where I sometimes buy medicines and toffees and it is right beside my office.

One little girl may be around 6-7 yrs holding her tiny, weak and unhealthy little sister who was around 2 yrs was begging. The older one was wearing a full dress but the tiny kid looked real poor, not enough clothes, half naked and begging or rather learning how to beg from her elder sister.
One man was kind enough to place a coin in the older ones hand right in front of the pharmacy. She smiled and progressed towards the shop and I thought may be she will beg from the shop owner or buy a toffee out of it. But she put that 1 re coin into the weighing machine and put her little sister on board to see how much she weighed. Both laughed their heart out and stepped out of that and started their job again.

I was shell shocked and my eyes were wet.

In just these 30 secs of my observation I got to learn lots. I dont know what but I will surely learn something out of this today. I'm sure all of us have something to learn from these children.
Simple lessons of life taught in the simplest ways!!

No comments:

Post a Comment