Thursday, July 21, 2011

Lunch Dabba!!!!!

The topic says clearly what am talking about .. This reminds me of my school days .. the happy days where I would wait for lunch break, to see what mum has packed, to share with friends, and to have a great time sharing and eating variety of food.

I have been quite forgetful of my belongings right from childhood, I would have lost N no of lunch bags and N+1 no of chappals. Chappals I would lose while I go out to play, and play bare foot and finally lose the chappal God knows where.. :(

Very few times or rather never have I been scolded for it.
I would go back home from school and get reminded I left my lunch bag at school or at the bus stop or again God knows where else. I would come back home with a fear to get thrashed but I would be happier as I wouldnt get scolded.
Many times I have lost and found and many times Ive plainly lost. Let me tell you Ive never lost it intentionally to get a new one. But once lost I would start imagining what type of new box or waterbottle or Chappal I would buy :P:P:P Cmon.. I was a kid afterall..

Yesterday I lost a newly bought tupperware set with bag in the rickshaw and I realised it only today morning (Coz there is No mom to ask me where it was as soon as I came home:P). Better late than never I atleast realized :P
The very next moment I was in tears and thought I will not forgive myself for this. But as a kid I never cried for it or never felt very bad about it.

Two things here. One I had probably bought this new tupperware set with my own money and as I kid my dad always splurged on these.
Two, I'm feeling very guilty for losing it and my parents never made me feel that I did any wrong.
Finally, after losing a 800bucks worth box I consoled myself, smiled and said, probably the auto guy would give it to his little school going gal and she would enjoy her meal and probably she would thank to whoever left the box for her in her Dad's auto. I can imagine her happiness when she gets a new dabba from her dad just like the way I always got one from my dad.. :):):). This very thought makes me feel very happy.

To end this, Ive forgiven myself as I imagine one little gal using the plush tuperware set :):)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely. This is a story so true for each one of us. Everyone out there realizes the true value of anything once they do it themselves.

    Till the time it's someone else's responsibilities, we don't really bother much.

    ReplyDelete